Prompt medical aid could have saved gang-rape victim: Brother
Lucknow: The brother of the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim on Saturday said delay in providing medical assistance to his sister led to complications which perhaps led to her death.
"She told me that after the incident that she had asked passers-by for help but to no avail and it was only after the highway patrol alerted the police that she was rushed to hospital but it had taken almost two hours", her brother told a news agency.
"By then a lot of blood was lost", he said, adding that "had the passers-by helped and if prompt medical assistance was provided, perhaps her life could have been saved”.
He said people need to change their attitude and be ready to extend help.
Regretting that consensus could not be reached in the meeting between representatives of the central and state governments on capital punishment in rape cases, he said the family has confidence that on the basis of the charge sheet filed by the Delhi Police in his sister`s case, all the accused would be sentenced to death.
Speaking about his sister, he said she had keen interest in films and was an Aamir Khan fan.
`Talash` was the last film that she had seen with her brothers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price