Property dealer commits suicide
New Delhi: Depressed over financial woes, a 47-year-old property dealer allegedly shot himself dead in his residence on Thursday, police said.
The incident took place in west Delhi`s Hari Nagar area and the deceased has been identified as Shyam Sundar.
His wife discovered Sundar lying in a pool of blood. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, police said.
Sundar was depressed due to financial losses suffered in his business and this is believed to be the reason for him taking the extreme step, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured