Property dealer remanded to 14 days judicial custody
New Delhi: A city court today remanded to 14
days judicial custody a property dealer who was arrested in
Mumbai in connection with at least 48 cases of snatching, bank
robbery and land grabbing in the national capital.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Naveen Arora
sent accused Anup Kumar Juneja to jail till June 1 after he
was produced on the expiry of the judicial custody.
Earlier, the court had allowed police to quiz him in
custody for 10 days to unravel his alleged complicity in
various criminal cases here.
A police team had brought Juneja from Mumbai. He had
allegedly got himself shot at by people hired by him in a bid
to frame a business rival.
He was apprehended at Mumbai airport by immigration
authorities on his return from Nepal.
Juneja is named in at least 48 cases of snatching, bank
robbery and land grabbing in Delhi.
He had allegedly fled from a city hospital where he
was undergoing treatment after being shot at on March 21.
According to police, Juneja allegedly grabbed eight
properties worth Rs 60 crore. He used to lodge false criminal
cases in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab against the owners of the
properties in Delhi and blackmail them after getting the case
registered and forced them to vacate the premises.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended