Property dealer`s family held hostage, robbed of Rs 18 lakh
Ghaziabad: A 40-year-old property dealer and his family were allegedly held hostage at gunpoint and robbed of cash and valuables worth Rs 18 lakh by six armed persons in Sahibabad area here on Monday.
Rajkumar Kaushik daughter`s marriage is scheduled for next month, police said.
Around 4pm, six unidentified armed persons, who claimed to be the would-be relatives of Kaushik`s daughter, came to his A Block residence in Gagan Vihar area in Sahibabad, they said.
Four armed assailants held the entire family -- Kaushik, his wife Kausum, son Deepak, daughter Natasha and three-year-old grandson -- hostage for 30 minutes, while their two associates were escorting them from outside the house, police said.
Family members were held hostage at gunpoint and later locked inside the bathroom.
The accused robbed Rs 15 lakh in cash, valuables worth Rs three lakh and licensed pistol of property dealer, they said.
After the robbery, all six accused decamped from the spot.
"A manhunt has been launched to nab all six accused," said a senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'