‘Propose to restart Airport Metro at the earliest’
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday said it proposes to re-start the Airport Metro train at the earliest which had an average ridership of around 17,000 passengers per day till it was shut down for repairs.
"However, it will be done by M/s DAMEPL, the concessionaire and operator of the Airport Metro Express Train," Minister of State for Urban Development Saugata Roy said in a written reply in Rajya Sabha.
"The average ridership of the Metro Express Line was about 17,000 passengers per day as on the date of shut down of train services," he said.
Roy said prima facie, the investigations show that there are defects in civil works, "such as crushing of grout material above and below bearings, cracks and shifting of bearings at many locations. In addition, certain cracks and twist in some of the girders have also been noticed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days