Prostitution racket run by `spiritual` centre busted in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police today claimed to
have busted a prostitution racket being run at a `spiritual`
centre with the arrest of two alleged pimps and six women,
including two air-hostesses.
One of the arrested person Shiv Murat Dwivedi (39) alias
Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand Ji Maharaj Chitrakoot Wale
had set up a `temple` in south Delhi`s Khanpur, police said,
adding the other person was Praveen Kumar (28).
Six women were arrested, including two air-hostesses, one
an MBA student and an aspiring Bollywood actress.
The racket was unearthed yesterday after police received
inputs about the pimps and sex workers who were to come to PVR
Saket. A Sub-Inspector was sent as a decoy customer and after
a deal was struck, police swooped down and arrested them.
To cover up his activities, Dwivedi changed his name and
claimed to be a disciple of Sai Baba, Deputy Commissioner of
Police (South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
"He started a Sai Baba temple in Badarpur and gradually
started a flesh trade racket in the premises. He constructed
his own temple at Khanpur and started holding Pravachans and
Satsangs," the official said.
He added that Dwivedi got articles about him published in
magazines and released CDs of his sermons so as to make his
religious front seem real. He also constructed a 200 bed
hospital and another temple in Chitrakoot to further his
business interests in the garb of charity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days