New Delhi: A 10-year-old boy was electrocuted to death after he fell on a high-tension wire from the terrace of his house while chasing a snapped kite in Swaroop Nagar area of northwest Delhi on Saturday triggering protests against the power company, police said.
Nitish Kumar, a Class 6 student, was trying to catch a snapped kite from the terrace of his house in J Block area of Swaroop Nagar around 11.30 am when he lost his balance from the edge and fell on the high-tension line passing adjacent to his house.
"By the time he was rescued and taken to hospital, he had died," a police official said.
Locals and family members of the deceased claimed that the incident took place due to the negligence of the power company and staged a protest in the area.
"Live wires hang dangerously close to the houses and there have been similar incidents in the past in the area but no precautionary measures have been taken by the authorities," said a local.
This is the third incident of death due to electrocution in the city in the last three days.