Protest against Jairam Ramesh on temples remark
New Delhi: Activists of Bajrang Dal and VHP on Saturday held a demonstration outside Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s residence here in protest against his comments that there are more temples in the country than toilets.
The activists, who numbered around 40 to 50, protested outside his residence for about 20 minutes and shouted slogans against Ramesh`s remarks.
They also sought his immediate apology saying his remarks have hurt the sentiments of Hindus.
Ramesh had on Friday said that India has more temples than toilets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar