Protest against Jairam Ramesh on temples remark
New Delhi: Activists of Bajrang Dal and VHP on Saturday held a demonstration outside Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s residence here in protest against his comments that there are more temples in the country than toilets.
The activists, who numbered around 40 to 50, protested outside his residence for about 20 minutes and shouted slogans against Ramesh`s remarks.
They also sought his immediate apology saying his remarks have hurt the sentiments of Hindus.
Ramesh had on Friday said that India has more temples than toilets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside