Protest against Jairam Ramesh on temples remark
New Delhi: Activists of Bajrang Dal and VHP on Saturday held a demonstration outside Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s residence here in protest against his comments that there are more temples in the country than toilets.
The activists, who numbered around 40 to 50, protested outside his residence for about 20 minutes and shouted slogans against Ramesh`s remarks.
They also sought his immediate apology saying his remarks have hurt the sentiments of Hindus.
Ramesh had on Friday said that India has more temples than toilets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH