Protest against Jairam Ramesh on temples remark
New Delhi: Activists of Bajrang Dal and VHP on Saturday held a demonstration outside Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s residence here in protest against his comments that there are more temples in the country than toilets.
The activists, who numbered around 40 to 50, protested outside his residence for about 20 minutes and shouted slogans against Ramesh`s remarks.
They also sought his immediate apology saying his remarks have hurt the sentiments of Hindus.
Ramesh had on Friday said that India has more temples than toilets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out
- Indonesia steps up fire response as haze blankets Singapore
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting Sasikala Pushpa
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali