Protest against Jairam Ramesh on temples remark
New Delhi: Activists of Bajrang Dal and VHP on Saturday held a demonstration outside Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh`s residence here in protest against his comments that there are more temples in the country than toilets.
The activists, who numbered around 40 to 50, protested outside his residence for about 20 minutes and shouted slogans against Ramesh`s remarks.
They also sought his immediate apology saying his remarks have hurt the sentiments of Hindus.
Ramesh had on Friday said that India has more temples than toilets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project