Protest in Delhi against power crisis
New Delhi: Residents of north west Delhi`s Sultanpuri area, along with Congress legislator Jai Kishan Wednesday staged a protest against the ongoing power crisis in the national capital.
The residents have been facing power outages lasting 10-12 hours a day.
"We have never seen such long power cuts, lasting up to 10-12 hours a day, due to which even the water supply has been affected. Our children too are not able to prepare for their examinations," a resident of the area said.
Jai Kishan, who is a legislator from Sultanpur Majra, sat on a hunger strike early Wednesday.
"We are facing acute power shortage, so I decided to sit on a hunger strike. I will decide on my next move only after meeting other party leaders," Kishan told IANS.
The central government Monday said that with emergency restoration work underway, the power supply in the city would normalise in two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack