Protest in Delhi Assembly over price rise
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly was Tuesday
adjourned for 20 minutes following vociferous protest by BJP
members who demanded bringing an adjournment motion on the
issue of price rise.
As soon as the assembly convened, senior BJP member V
K Malhotra requested Speaker Yoganand Shastri to allow the
adjournment motion on the issue of price rise following which
several Congress MLAs opposed it.
Immediately, all the BJP MLAs stood up and started
giving anti-government slogans, accusing the Sheila Dikshit
led dispensation of doing nothing to rein in price rise of
"At a time when all the people in the city are
affected by back breaking price rise of essential commodities,
the chief minister says the price rise has not at all affected
the people," said opposition leader Malhotra.
As the din continued, some of the BJP MLAs came to the
well of the House demanding acceptance of the adjournment
motion. The Speaker made several attempt to pacify the MLAs.
But his appeal fell to pacify them. The Speaker finally
adjourned the House for 20 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill