Protest in Delhi Assembly over price rise
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly was Tuesday
adjourned for 20 minutes following vociferous protest by BJP
members who demanded bringing an adjournment motion on the
issue of price rise.
As soon as the assembly convened, senior BJP member V
K Malhotra requested Speaker Yoganand Shastri to allow the
adjournment motion on the issue of price rise following which
several Congress MLAs opposed it.
Immediately, all the BJP MLAs stood up and started
giving anti-government slogans, accusing the Sheila Dikshit
led dispensation of doing nothing to rein in price rise of
"At a time when all the people in the city are
affected by back breaking price rise of essential commodities,
the chief minister says the price rise has not at all affected
the people," said opposition leader Malhotra.
As the din continued, some of the BJP MLAs came to the
well of the House demanding acceptance of the adjournment
motion. The Speaker made several attempt to pacify the MLAs.
But his appeal fell to pacify them. The Speaker finally
adjourned the House for 20 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?