Protest in Delhi hospitals end
New Delhi: Some 1,100 employees of four hospitals on Saturday called off a day-old protest for salaries they didn`t get due to technical glitch in the machines that mark attendance.
Nurses and sanitation staff of Hindu Rao Hospital, Rajan Babu Tuberculosis Hospital, Kasturba Hospital and Girdhar Lal Maternity Hospital stayed away from work for three hours on Friday, alleging they were not paid salaries for two months.
The staff complained that their attendance was not marked due to a technical fault in the biometric system for marking attendance. They were thus denied salary, saying they never came to work.
"We are not able to prove that we came for work. Many employees said they had done overtime too," Vinod Kumar Parcha, vice president of hospital employee union, said.
All four hospitals are run by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. The protest was called off on Saturday after the authorities agreed to pay their salaries by Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof