Protest in Delhi hospitals end
New Delhi: Some 1,100 employees of four hospitals on Saturday called off a day-old protest for salaries they didn`t get due to technical glitch in the machines that mark attendance.
Nurses and sanitation staff of Hindu Rao Hospital, Rajan Babu Tuberculosis Hospital, Kasturba Hospital and Girdhar Lal Maternity Hospital stayed away from work for three hours on Friday, alleging they were not paid salaries for two months.
The staff complained that their attendance was not marked due to a technical fault in the biometric system for marking attendance. They were thus denied salary, saying they never came to work.
"We are not able to prove that we came for work. Many employees said they had done overtime too," Vinod Kumar Parcha, vice president of hospital employee union, said.
All four hospitals are run by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. The protest was called off on Saturday after the authorities agreed to pay their salaries by Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO