Protesters put urine bottles outside Jairam Ramesh’s house
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After questioning BJP’s double standards over his toilet remark, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Thursday reiterated his comment saying that the country needs more toilets than temples.
The BJP, who criticised Ramesh for his controversial statement, defended its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi when he made the similar remark on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Ramesh has said that the VHP and Bajrang Dal members protested outside his house and put bottles full of urine on his gate.
Ramesh also question that when he made the toilet remark on October 2012, he was attacked by RSS, VHP and BJP, now why are they silent on Modi’s ‘toilets before temples’ remark?
Defending Modi, BJP leader Balbir Punj said, “All Modi was saying was that sanitation is another name of God in a way.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services
- CPI-M, BJP can't beat TMC in West Bengal, no post-poll alliance with Congress: Mamata Banerjee
- Indian Premier League 2016: Chris Morris does justice to whopping price tag for Delhi Daredevils with incredible 82-run knock
- Facebook profits surge as user base expands
- Watch - Maiden rocket launch from Russia's brand new Vostochny Cosmodrome!