Protesters put urine bottles outside Jairam Ramesh’s house
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After questioning BJP’s double standards over his toilet remark, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Thursday reiterated his comment saying that the country needs more toilets than temples.
The BJP, who criticised Ramesh for his controversial statement, defended its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi when he made the similar remark on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Ramesh has said that the VHP and Bajrang Dal members protested outside his house and put bottles full of urine on his gate.
Ramesh also question that when he made the toilet remark on October 2012, he was attacked by RSS, VHP and BJP, now why are they silent on Modi’s ‘toilets before temples’ remark?
Defending Modi, BJP leader Balbir Punj said, “All Modi was saying was that sanitation is another name of God in a way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price