Protesters put urine bottles outside Jairam Ramesh’s house
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After questioning BJP’s double standards over his toilet remark, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Thursday reiterated his comment saying that the country needs more toilets than temples.
The BJP, who criticised Ramesh for his controversial statement, defended its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi when he made the similar remark on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Ramesh has said that the VHP and Bajrang Dal members protested outside his house and put bottles full of urine on his gate.
Ramesh also question that when he made the toilet remark on October 2012, he was attacked by RSS, VHP and BJP, now why are they silent on Modi’s ‘toilets before temples’ remark?
Defending Modi, BJP leader Balbir Punj said, “All Modi was saying was that sanitation is another name of God in a way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack