Protesters put urine bottles outside Jairam Ramesh’s house
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After questioning BJP’s double standards over his toilet remark, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Thursday reiterated his comment saying that the country needs more toilets than temples.
The BJP, who criticised Ramesh for his controversial statement, defended its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi when he made the similar remark on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Ramesh has said that the VHP and Bajrang Dal members protested outside his house and put bottles full of urine on his gate.
Ramesh also question that when he made the toilet remark on October 2012, he was attacked by RSS, VHP and BJP, now why are they silent on Modi’s ‘toilets before temples’ remark?
Defending Modi, BJP leader Balbir Punj said, “All Modi was saying was that sanitation is another name of God in a way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown