Protesters put urine bottles outside Jairam Ramesh’s house
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After questioning BJP’s double standards over his toilet remark, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Thursday reiterated his comment saying that the country needs more toilets than temples.
The BJP, who criticised Ramesh for his controversial statement, defended its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi when he made the similar remark on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Ramesh has said that the VHP and Bajrang Dal members protested outside his house and put bottles full of urine on his gate.
Ramesh also question that when he made the toilet remark on October 2012, he was attacked by RSS, VHP and BJP, now why are they silent on Modi’s ‘toilets before temples’ remark?
Defending Modi, BJP leader Balbir Punj said, “All Modi was saying was that sanitation is another name of God in a way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic