Protests in Ghaziabad over death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Ghaziabad: Agitated over the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, several people on Saturday took to the streets and held marches and demonstrations in the city.
Students and locals held candle-light marches and demonstrations in several areas, demanding capital punishment for the accused.
Demonstrations were held at the Old Bus Terminus where protesters burnt an effigy representing the Union government.
The 23-year-old paramedical student breathed her last early this morning at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital where she had been airlifted for treatment from Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends