Protests in Ghaziabad over death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Ghaziabad: Agitated over the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, several people on Saturday took to the streets and held marches and demonstrations in the city.
Students and locals held candle-light marches and demonstrations in several areas, demanding capital punishment for the accused.
Demonstrations were held at the Old Bus Terminus where protesters burnt an effigy representing the Union government.
The 23-year-old paramedical student breathed her last early this morning at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital where she had been airlifted for treatment from Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav