Protests in Ghaziabad over death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Ghaziabad: Agitated over the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, several people on Saturday took to the streets and held marches and demonstrations in the city.
Students and locals held candle-light marches and demonstrations in several areas, demanding capital punishment for the accused.
Demonstrations were held at the Old Bus Terminus where protesters burnt an effigy representing the Union government.
The 23-year-old paramedical student breathed her last early this morning at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital where she had been airlifted for treatment from Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!