Protests in Ghaziabad over death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Ghaziabad: Agitated over the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, several people on Saturday took to the streets and held marches and demonstrations in the city.
Students and locals held candle-light marches and demonstrations in several areas, demanding capital punishment for the accused.
Demonstrations were held at the Old Bus Terminus where protesters burnt an effigy representing the Union government.
The 23-year-old paramedical student breathed her last early this morning at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital where she had been airlifted for treatment from Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list