Protests in Ghaziabad over death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Ghaziabad: Agitated over the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim, several people on Saturday took to the streets and held marches and demonstrations in the city.
Students and locals held candle-light marches and demonstrations in several areas, demanding capital punishment for the accused.
Demonstrations were held at the Old Bus Terminus where protesters burnt an effigy representing the Union government.
The 23-year-old paramedical student breathed her last early this morning at Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital where she had been airlifted for treatment from Delhi.
- DNA: India's losses due to AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Security beefed in Manipur areas after three murders
- Ability to smell food through mouth may decline with age
- Transplantation along highways could be linked to NREGA: Minister
- 8 die of sunstroke as heat wave continues in Odisha
- IPL 2016, Match 23: Chris Morris' 82 off 32 not enough for Delhi; Gujarat win by 1 run