Punitive action against DTC drivers, conductors
New Delhi: Delhi Transport Corporation has
taken punitive action against 219 drivers and conductors
found guilty of dereliction of duties during a drive between
October 18 and 31.
DTC officials said 188 drivers and 31 conductors have
been suspended or terminated from their services while cases
were registered against eight drivers and one conductor for
"serious lapses" in performing their duties.
The drive was launched to ensure passenger safety and
identify lacunae in its bus operation.
The officials said 544 drivers and 410 conductors have
also been issued "warning" and not to repeat indiscipline in
The main objective of the drive was to sensitise the bus
crew and checking officials towards their duties, basic
etiquettes while dealing with passengers and to have a
vigilant approach to ensure overall safety.
A total number of 32,078 buses were checked across the
city during the 14-day long drive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket