Punitive action against DTC drivers, conductors
New Delhi: Delhi Transport Corporation has
taken punitive action against 219 drivers and conductors
found guilty of dereliction of duties during a drive between
October 18 and 31.
DTC officials said 188 drivers and 31 conductors have
been suspended or terminated from their services while cases
were registered against eight drivers and one conductor for
"serious lapses" in performing their duties.
The drive was launched to ensure passenger safety and
identify lacunae in its bus operation.
The officials said 544 drivers and 410 conductors have
also been issued "warning" and not to repeat indiscipline in
The main objective of the drive was to sensitise the bus
crew and checking officials towards their duties, basic
etiquettes while dealing with passengers and to have a
vigilant approach to ensure overall safety.
A total number of 32,078 buses were checked across the
city during the 14-day long drive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai