Pvt Sector’s help needed to improve infrastructure
New Delhi: Delhi Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna
on Wednesday sought greater participation of the private sector in
further improving the infrastructure as well as to overcome
various challenges facing the city.
Addressing a meeting of the India CEO Forum, Khanna spoke
at length on key issues concerning the city like better
civic services, efficient solid waste management and
protection of the environment.
He said the private sector can play a very prominent role
in overcoming the challenges.
On law and order situation, Khanna spoke about community
policing and said every citizen can contribute in enhancing
security in the city.
He also sought their cooperation in fields of skill
development and planning for integrated transport system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?