PWG commander held in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday achieved a major breakthrough by arresting a top commander of the disbanded People’s War Group (PWG) from the Rohini locality in the national capital.
According to reports, the man arrested by the Delhi Police has been identified as Pradeep Kumar, who hails from Jharkhand.
Pradeep was living in disguise in Noida for several years.
Following a tip off about his presence in the Rohini locality, a team of Crime Branch laid a trap and caught him.
He is being interrogated at the moment for more leads by the officials of Crime Branch.
The PWG, a now defunct armed organization of the Maoist rebels, had reportedly merged itself along with the Maoist Communist Centre (MCC) paving way for the formation of the CPI-M.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers