PWG commander held in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday achieved a major breakthrough by arresting a top commander of the disbanded People’s War Group (PWG) from the Rohini locality in the national capital.
According to reports, the man arrested by the Delhi Police has been identified as Pradeep Kumar, who hails from Jharkhand.
Pradeep was living in disguise in Noida for several years.
Following a tip off about his presence in the Rohini locality, a team of Crime Branch laid a trap and caught him.
He is being interrogated at the moment for more leads by the officials of Crime Branch.
The PWG, a now defunct armed organization of the Maoist rebels, had reportedly merged itself along with the Maoist Communist Centre (MCC) paving way for the formation of the CPI-M.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley
- Sex once a week best for your relationship
- 'The Flash' movie loses director over creative differences?
- Odd-even scheme again successful: Gopal Rai
- Wang Yihan ends Saina Nehwal's run at Asian Badminton Championship