Qazi re-appointed as VC of Jamia Hamdard Univ
New Delhi: GM Qazi, scientist and former Director of Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, has been reappointed as the vice Chancellor of Jamia Hamdard University.
67-year-old Qazi, who has three-year term after the government increased the age of superanuuation of a Vice Chancellor to 70 years, assumed charge on August 16 as the varsity`s VC, Jamia PRO Samad Rafiq Khan said in a statement.
He had obtained his Masters and Ph D degrees respectively in Biochemistry and a Microbiology from M S University, Baroda and post-doctoral training from the University of Dortmund in Germany.
He has an 40-year experience in research in Biochemistry, Microbial Biotechnology, Bio-prospecting of Natural Products and clinical validation studies for Indian classical drugs.
Qazi has more than 250 international publications and about 70 international patents to his credit.
Qazi is at present the Chairman of Drugs and Pharmaceutical Research programme of Govt. Of India, the Chairman Unani Pharmacopeia committee and the member Pharmacopeia commission for AYSH drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba