Qazi re-appointed as VC of Jamia Hamdard Univ
New Delhi: GM Qazi, scientist and former Director of Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, has been reappointed as the vice Chancellor of Jamia Hamdard University.
67-year-old Qazi, who has three-year term after the government increased the age of superanuuation of a Vice Chancellor to 70 years, assumed charge on August 16 as the varsity`s VC, Jamia PRO Samad Rafiq Khan said in a statement.
He had obtained his Masters and Ph D degrees respectively in Biochemistry and a Microbiology from M S University, Baroda and post-doctoral training from the University of Dortmund in Germany.
He has an 40-year experience in research in Biochemistry, Microbial Biotechnology, Bio-prospecting of Natural Products and clinical validation studies for Indian classical drugs.
Qazi has more than 250 international publications and about 70 international patents to his credit.
Qazi is at present the Chairman of Drugs and Pharmaceutical Research programme of Govt. Of India, the Chairman Unani Pharmacopeia committee and the member Pharmacopeia commission for AYSH drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde