Qazi re-appointed as VC of Jamia Hamdard Univ
New Delhi: GM Qazi, scientist and former Director of Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, has been reappointed as the vice Chancellor of Jamia Hamdard University.
67-year-old Qazi, who has three-year term after the government increased the age of superanuuation of a Vice Chancellor to 70 years, assumed charge on August 16 as the varsity`s VC, Jamia PRO Samad Rafiq Khan said in a statement.
He had obtained his Masters and Ph D degrees respectively in Biochemistry and a Microbiology from M S University, Baroda and post-doctoral training from the University of Dortmund in Germany.
He has an 40-year experience in research in Biochemistry, Microbial Biotechnology, Bio-prospecting of Natural Products and clinical validation studies for Indian classical drugs.
Qazi has more than 250 international publications and about 70 international patents to his credit.
Qazi is at present the Chairman of Drugs and Pharmaceutical Research programme of Govt. Of India, the Chairman Unani Pharmacopeia committee and the member Pharmacopeia commission for AYSH drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand