Qazi re-appointed as VC of Jamia Hamdard Univ
New Delhi: GM Qazi, scientist and former Director of Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, has been reappointed as the vice Chancellor of Jamia Hamdard University.
67-year-old Qazi, who has three-year term after the government increased the age of superanuuation of a Vice Chancellor to 70 years, assumed charge on August 16 as the varsity`s VC, Jamia PRO Samad Rafiq Khan said in a statement.
He had obtained his Masters and Ph D degrees respectively in Biochemistry and a Microbiology from M S University, Baroda and post-doctoral training from the University of Dortmund in Germany.
He has an 40-year experience in research in Biochemistry, Microbial Biotechnology, Bio-prospecting of Natural Products and clinical validation studies for Indian classical drugs.
Qazi has more than 250 international publications and about 70 international patents to his credit.
Qazi is at present the Chairman of Drugs and Pharmaceutical Research programme of Govt. Of India, the Chairman Unani Pharmacopeia committee and the member Pharmacopeia commission for AYSH drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says