R-Day parade: India to showcase military might
New Delhi: Showcasing India`s military
might, the Army will display its T-72 Main Battle Tanks (MBT),
Agni-4 missile and Advance Light Helicopter (ALH) at the
Republic Day parade on Thursday.
"Marching contingents on the Rajpath would include
mounted troops from 61st Cavalry, mechanized columns and 11
regiments of the Indian Army followed by a flypast of ALH from
Army Aviation Corps," said parade second-in-command Major
General Rajbir Singh.
The parade would be commanded by the General Officer
Commanding (GOC) of the Delhi Area, Lieutenant General VK
Maj Gen Singh further informed that the one-and-a-half
hour long parade would begin with national salute followed by
presentation of one Ashok Chakra.
"The parade would begin with the Param Vir Chakra (PVC)
and Ashok Chakra (AC) awardees marching on the Rajpath which
would be followed by the mounted cavalry troops, mechanized
column and three ALH," he said.
Besides Smerch and Pinaka rocket launchers, army
contingent would also feature NBC water purification system,
jammers, and march past by `Canine Force` of the Remount and
Veterinary Corps (RVC).
The army contingent would be followed by the tableaux
from Indian Navy and Indian Air Force (IAF).
While Navy is showcasing a Delhi-class destroyer, IL-38
reconnaissance aircraft and a UAV positioned atop a globe,
IAF`s marching contingent would be followed by the tableau of
C-130J Super Hercules aircraft and Mi-17 choppers.
For the first time, the IAF marching contingent would be
commanded by a women officer Flight Lieutenant Sneha
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state