Radhika murder case: Key accused sent to judicial custody
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday sent to
judicial custody till March 26 Vijay alias Ram Singh, the
prime accused in the murder of Delhi University student
Radhika Tanwar near Dhaula Kuan early this month.
Vijay was produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Pawan
Singh Rajawat after his four-days police custody expired
The police submitted that the probe in the case is going
on and the accused may be remanded to judicial custody for 10
days till March 26 as three co-accused in the case Tabreez,
Ashraf and Sheku are also under judicial custody till then.
Vijay, 25, hailing from Viswan village in Sitapur in
Uttar Pradesh, was arrested by the police from Tagore Nagar in
suburban Mumbai`s Vikroli on March 11 and he was remanded to
police custody for interrogation on March 12.
Co-accused Tabreez, Ashraf and Sheku, who allegedly
helped the key accused in the offence, were also sent to
judicial custody on March 12.
Police had earlier told the court that the mobile phone
used by Vijay, has to be recovered to unearth the entire
Tanwar, 20, was shot dead on March 5 outside Ramlal Anand
College in South Delhi`s Dhaula Kuan after she allegedly
snubbed Vijay when he had approached her to strike a
Vijay "nurtured deep grudge" against Radhika after he
was beaten up for harassing her and used to tell his friends
that whenever he gets an opportunity, he would avenge the
humiliation, the police had said.
- 'Ban oral talaq, burqa': Sharia made by Allah, so can't be abolished - this is nonsense, says Markandey Katju
- Delhi traffic jammed again: Hundreds stuck on NH8, DND, Mayur Vihar-Noida road
- Uttarakhand forest fire: What tourists must know
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's mentor Muttiah Muralitharan highly impressed with Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya