Radhika`s family unconvinced about police claims
New Delhi: The family of Radhika Tanwar,
who was shot dead last Tuesday outside her college in Dhaula
Kuan, on Saturday appeared unconvinced about the police claim of
cracking her murder saying they felt that the investigators
wanted to shut the case as soon as possible.
"They want to shut the case. We don`t know who this
person is. We have not seen him earlier," said Prathiba, a
cousin of Radhika, referring to the man arrested in connection
with the Delhi University girl`s broad daylight murder last
25-year-old Vijay who had a "psychopathic obsession"
for stalking women was arrested from Mumbai for allegedly
murdering Radhika with police today claiming that he took her
life for "snubbing" him.
Vijay alias Ram Singh was apprehended by a team of
Delhi Police from Tagore Nagar in suburban Mumbai`s Vikroli at
around 11 pm yesterday in connection with the murder.
Investigators attributed the immediate trigger for the
girl`s murder on the foot overbridge outside Ramlal Anand
College in south Delhi`s Dhaula Kuan to the snubbing of Vijay
by Radhika on last Saturday, three days before her killing,
when he approached her to strike a conversation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan