Radia tapes: CBI registers PE against I-T officer
New Delhi: CBI has registered one more preliminary enquiry related to Radia tapes against a senior Income Tax officer who was allegedly trying to get transferred by bribing other officers.
Sources said a senior I-T officer, an alleged middleman connected with the officer and others have been named in the preliminary enquiry as accused.
"This is to verify the allegations that the said officer while posted in Income Tax Appellate Tribunal was trying to get transferred to Delhi by allegedly paying illegal gratification in CBDT," a CBI source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani