Radia tapes: CBI registers PE against I-T officer
New Delhi: CBI has registered one more preliminary enquiry related to Radia tapes against a senior Income Tax officer who was allegedly trying to get transferred by bribing other officers.
Sources said a senior I-T officer, an alleged middleman connected with the officer and others have been named in the preliminary enquiry as accused.
"This is to verify the allegations that the said officer while posted in Income Tax Appellate Tribunal was trying to get transferred to Delhi by allegedly paying illegal gratification in CBDT," a CBI source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown