Rahul a future hope of the country: Dikshit
Phagwara: Terming Nehru-Gandhi family scion Rahul Gandhi as future hope of the country, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday said everybody was waiting for him to play a vital role in the country.
"It was for him (Rahul Gandhi) to make up his mind for assuming such a role as everybody was waiting for it," she told reporters here in response to a question.
She also described the Congress general secretary as the "future hope of the country".
Responding to another question pertaining to exodus of people hailing from the North East region from various parts of the country, Dikshit assured that the people from the North Eastern states who are residing in Delhi are completely safe.
She also said that her Government has made foolproof security arrangements for them in wake of recent developments.
To another query, she said that plans were afoot to authorise several unauthorised colonies in Delhi.
She, however, brushed aside a suggestion that the move had anything to do with the future assembly elections.
She also said the Metro services to the international airport, which were closed at present, were being rescheduled after a thorough checking.
"These will resume in the coming days," she added.
Earlier, in her seven-minute convocation address at the local Kamla Nehru College for Women, Dikshit told the students that no gift was greater than education.
"Education will stand in good stead not only in your personal life but also as good citizens," she told the young graduates.
Batting for women`s education, she said that education will make young women good housewives, good mothers and builders of a great nation.
Kiran Walia, Health and Family Welfare minister, Delhi, gave away prizes to meritorious students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh