Rahul drugs abuse case: NBW issued against accused
New Delhi: A non-bailable warrant has been
issued by a Delhi court against Sahil Zaroo, facing trial in a
drug abuse-cum-peddling case involving late BJP leader Pramod
Mahajan`s son Rahul.
Additional sessions judge S C Rajan issued the warrant
against Zaroo for his failure to appear before the court to
attend its proceedings.
Zaroo`s counsel told the court that he had gone to Jammu
and Kashmir but had not contacted him after that.
"Kamlesh Anand, advocate, states that accused Sahil Zaroo
had gone to Jammu and Kashmir but he has not come back nor
made any contact with him. In view of this, NBW be issued
against accused Sahil Zaroo and notice under section 446 CrPC
be issued to his surety for the date fixed," the court said.
The court has also issued notice to the police "to depute
any police officer not below the rank of sub inspector to
execute the NBW upon the accused and the notice upon his
Zaroo is facing trial along with Rahul Mahajan and others
after the sessions court had earlier framed charges against
them in the case.
Zaroo, Mahajan and his accomplices Harish Sharma,
Nigerian nationals Abdul Latif Ashola alias Mohd Abdullah,
Egbedokun James Taiwo and others are facing trial under the
IPC and the NDPS Act for their roles in the case.
The court, however, had to defer the hearing to December
17 as it was yet to receive the main case file, which was sent
to the Delhi High Court earlier.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani