Rahul drugs abuse case: NBW issued against accused
New Delhi: A non-bailable warrant has been
issued by a Delhi court against Sahil Zaroo, facing trial in a
drug abuse-cum-peddling case involving late BJP leader Pramod
Mahajan`s son Rahul.
Additional sessions judge S C Rajan issued the warrant
against Zaroo for his failure to appear before the court to
attend its proceedings.
Zaroo`s counsel told the court that he had gone to Jammu
and Kashmir but had not contacted him after that.
"Kamlesh Anand, advocate, states that accused Sahil Zaroo
had gone to Jammu and Kashmir but he has not come back nor
made any contact with him. In view of this, NBW be issued
against accused Sahil Zaroo and notice under section 446 CrPC
be issued to his surety for the date fixed," the court said.
The court has also issued notice to the police "to depute
any police officer not below the rank of sub inspector to
execute the NBW upon the accused and the notice upon his
Zaroo is facing trial along with Rahul Mahajan and others
after the sessions court had earlier framed charges against
them in the case.
Zaroo, Mahajan and his accomplices Harish Sharma,
Nigerian nationals Abdul Latif Ashola alias Mohd Abdullah,
Egbedokun James Taiwo and others are facing trial under the
IPC and the NDPS Act for their roles in the case.
The court, however, had to defer the hearing to December
17 as it was yet to receive the main case file, which was sent
to the Delhi High Court earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- SBI's Q4 net profit declines 66% on higher provisioning for bad loans
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal Chief Minister: Know more about her
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced