Rahul Gandhi for strengthening of Youth Cong, NSUI
Rishikesh: Congress general
secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday asked the workers of Youth
Congress and National Students` Union of India (NSUI) to work
for strengthening the two organisations at the grassroot
Addressing a meeting of the two organisations here,
Gandhi said the Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and
Uttarakhand are due next year and the role of workers of Youth
Congress and NSUI will be crucial in getting the party to
The organisations should be strengthened at the
grassroot level and they should try to associate more youths
especially students with the party, he said.
Earlier, Gandhi reached the holy town amid tight
security where he was received by the office bearers of Youth
Congress and NSUI.
Gandhi is also expected to travel to Mussoorie to take
part in a programme at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of
Co-incharge of Youth congress Bhanwar Jitendra Singh
said women should be given priority in the organisations and
called for adopting a strategy to take their number to at
least 33 per cent of the total strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon