Rahul Gandhi for strengthening of Youth Cong, NSUI
Rishikesh: Congress general
secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday asked the workers of Youth
Congress and National Students` Union of India (NSUI) to work
for strengthening the two organisations at the grassroot
Addressing a meeting of the two organisations here,
Gandhi said the Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and
Uttarakhand are due next year and the role of workers of Youth
Congress and NSUI will be crucial in getting the party to
The organisations should be strengthened at the
grassroot level and they should try to associate more youths
especially students with the party, he said.
Earlier, Gandhi reached the holy town amid tight
security where he was received by the office bearers of Youth
Congress and NSUI.
Gandhi is also expected to travel to Mussoorie to take
part in a programme at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of
Co-incharge of Youth congress Bhanwar Jitendra Singh
said women should be given priority in the organisations and
called for adopting a strategy to take their number to at
least 33 per cent of the total strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why