Rahul Gandhi for strengthening of Youth Cong, NSUI
Rishikesh: Congress general
secretary Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday asked the workers of Youth
Congress and National Students` Union of India (NSUI) to work
for strengthening the two organisations at the grassroot
Addressing a meeting of the two organisations here,
Gandhi said the Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and
Uttarakhand are due next year and the role of workers of Youth
Congress and NSUI will be crucial in getting the party to
The organisations should be strengthened at the
grassroot level and they should try to associate more youths
especially students with the party, he said.
Earlier, Gandhi reached the holy town amid tight
security where he was received by the office bearers of Youth
Congress and NSUI.
Gandhi is also expected to travel to Mussoorie to take
part in a programme at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of
Co-incharge of Youth congress Bhanwar Jitendra Singh
said women should be given priority in the organisations and
called for adopting a strategy to take their number to at
least 33 per cent of the total strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!