Rahul meets Delhi Congress leaders in preparation
New Delhi: With Congress seeking to retain power for the fourth time in Delhi, Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday held consultations with the state party leaders including Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Assemble elections in Delhi are scheduled by the year end along with those in Madhya Pradersh, Chattisgarh and Rajasthan.
Dikshit has created a record by being the longest serving women Chief Minister in the country. She will be completing 15 years by this year end.
PCC chief JP Agarwal was also present at the deliberation chaired by the Congress vice president so also AICC general secretary Birendra Singh who is in-charge of party affairs in Delhi.
Earlier also, Rahul had met them and told the state leadership to put up a united fight amid complaints of differences among various leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets