Rahul not after post, position: Pilot
Jammu: Amid speculation that Rahul Gandhi might be inducted into the Cabinet, Union Minister Sachin Pilot on Thursday said the young MP was not running for post or position and wanted to work for people at the grassroots level.
"I do not think he (Rahul Gandhi) is running for post or position -- he is capable for any post and people of the country are with him," he told reporters here today.
"Rahul Gandhi is among people who do not run after posts. He wants to remain in party and work for the people," Pilot said, adding his aim is to strengthen the party at the grassroots level.
His remark came against the backdrop of the likely substantive reshuffle of the Union Council of Ministers on Sunday which could see the possible induction of Rahul Gandhi into the Cabinet along with some other new faces and the exit of a few ministers.
Pilot said, "If there is a political leader in the country who is connected with the people, who has developed an emotional chord with poor, dalits, backward and remote area people particularly youth of the country, it is Rahul Gandhi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test