Rahul not after post, position: Pilot
Jammu: Amid speculation that Rahul Gandhi might be inducted into the Cabinet, Union Minister Sachin Pilot on Thursday said the young MP was not running for post or position and wanted to work for people at the grassroots level.
"I do not think he (Rahul Gandhi) is running for post or position -- he is capable for any post and people of the country are with him," he told reporters here today.
"Rahul Gandhi is among people who do not run after posts. He wants to remain in party and work for the people," Pilot said, adding his aim is to strengthen the party at the grassroots level.
His remark came against the backdrop of the likely substantive reshuffle of the Union Council of Ministers on Sunday which could see the possible induction of Rahul Gandhi into the Cabinet along with some other new faces and the exit of a few ministers.
Pilot said, "If there is a political leader in the country who is connected with the people, who has developed an emotional chord with poor, dalits, backward and remote area people particularly youth of the country, it is Rahul Gandhi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness
- People want to take their country back, Trump says in Scotland after Brexit vote