Rahul not after post, position: Pilot
Jammu: Amid speculation that Rahul Gandhi might be inducted into the Cabinet, Union Minister Sachin Pilot on Thursday said the young MP was not running for post or position and wanted to work for people at the grassroots level.
"I do not think he (Rahul Gandhi) is running for post or position -- he is capable for any post and people of the country are with him," he told reporters here today.
"Rahul Gandhi is among people who do not run after posts. He wants to remain in party and work for the people," Pilot said, adding his aim is to strengthen the party at the grassroots level.
His remark came against the backdrop of the likely substantive reshuffle of the Union Council of Ministers on Sunday which could see the possible induction of Rahul Gandhi into the Cabinet along with some other new faces and the exit of a few ministers.
Pilot said, "If there is a political leader in the country who is connected with the people, who has developed an emotional chord with poor, dalits, backward and remote area people particularly youth of the country, it is Rahul Gandhi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...