Rahul, Priyanka donate three-wheelers to disabled
New Delhi: AICC General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi and his sister Priyanka Vadra on Wednesday distributed
three-wheelers to over 200 physically challenged persons here.
However, a few among those who received the free vehicles
requested them to provide petrol allowance too as they could
not afford to buy the fuel due to their low income.
"Thanks for giving us motor cycles. But our income is low
and we should be given petrol allowance too," 35-year-old
Prabhakar Prasad told Gandhi and Vadra as they interacted with
the beneficiaries at the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation here.
"I will look into it," Gandhi told Prasad, who hugged him
and posed for photographs after he was promised that his
demand for increasing the pension given to physically-
challenged persons would also be looked into.
Rahul and Priyanka, Trustee and Executive Trustee of the
Foundation, interacted with almost all the 226 people who were
given motorised three-wheelers by the Foundation and spent
some time with them.
The young scions of the Nehru-Gandhi family went to
almost every single person, exchanged pleasantries with them
and heard their problems.
Sushil, who had come from Jammu, said, "We told him the
problems we face. We get Rs 300 or Rs 400 as pension and we
cannot buy petrol to run the vehicle. So we told him the need
for petrol allowance. He listened to me patiently."
Rahul and Priyanka obliged the beneficiaries by posing
for photographs with them. A few of them hugged the young
leaders and presented shawls and books to them.
At the end of the programme, they also presented mementos
to the donors and sponsors of the Foundation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues