Rahul`s Brahmin comment draws criticism from BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday took a dig at Rahul
Gandhi for his reported comment that he is a Brahmin, saying
it shows that he and Congress have lost patience after failing
to get the mandate in the Uttar Pradesh elections.
"Now this is crossing all limits that Rahul Gandhi has
started informing what his caste is...that he is a Brahmin.
Congress has lost all patience after losing the mandate in
Uttar Pradesh elections," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar
During a stock-taking meeting of Congress on the UP poll
debacle, Rahul had reportedly rebutted claims from some party
leaders that the party was not giving due significance to
"I am a Brahmin and general secretary of the party,"
Rahul reportedly said.
BJP used this opportunity to take potshots at the
Congress general secretary.
"In the UP elections, Congress had talked about religion
when it promised reservations on religious lines and in doing
so it had played communal politics," Javadekar said.
Both Congress and BJP have been analysing what went wrong
for them in the politically crucial state of Uttar Pradesh as
the poll results were way below their expectations.
Interestingly, both these parties feel they should have
wooed the upper castes, especially the Brahmins, to increase
their seat tally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’