Railway bribery case: Court may take cognisance on chargesheet
New Delhi: A Delhi court is likely to decide on Thursday on taking cognisance of CBI`s chargesheet in the Rs 10- crore cash-for-post Railway bribery scandal in which former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and nine others are accused of graft and other charges.
The court on Wednesday said it would go through the chargesheet, which was filed before it yesterday, and the documents attached with it to arrive at a conclusion on taking cognisance of it.
"I have not seen the charge sheet properly. I have not taken cognisance. Documents are to be filed in the court (by CBI). I will first go through the charge sheet and then I will decide on taking cognisance," Special CBI Judge Swarana Kanta Sharma said.
CBI, in its charge sheet filed against 10 accused, has alleged Singla had demanded Rs 10 crore from then Member (Staff) of Railway Board Mahesh Kumar, an accused in the case, for his appointment as Member (Electrical).
The agency said it was decided between the accused that Rs five crore will be paid before the appointment and the rest of the money will be paid after the job was done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'