Railway bribery case: Court may take cognisance on chargesheet
New Delhi: A Delhi court is likely to decide on Thursday on taking cognisance of CBI`s chargesheet in the Rs 10- crore cash-for-post Railway bribery scandal in which former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and nine others are accused of graft and other charges.
The court on Wednesday said it would go through the chargesheet, which was filed before it yesterday, and the documents attached with it to arrive at a conclusion on taking cognisance of it.
"I have not seen the charge sheet properly. I have not taken cognisance. Documents are to be filed in the court (by CBI). I will first go through the charge sheet and then I will decide on taking cognisance," Special CBI Judge Swarana Kanta Sharma said.
CBI, in its charge sheet filed against 10 accused, has alleged Singla had demanded Rs 10 crore from then Member (Staff) of Railway Board Mahesh Kumar, an accused in the case, for his appointment as Member (Electrical).
The agency said it was decided between the accused that Rs five crore will be paid before the appointment and the rest of the money will be paid after the job was done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding