Railway cop held for raping girl at New Delhi Railway Station
New Delhi: A 21-year-old woman was sexually harassed here by a Railway Protection Force (RPF) constable who has been arrested, said police Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday in New Delhi Railway Station`s dormitory situated on the second floor.
Following the victim`s allegation, constable Pintu Kumar, 24, who joined RPF two years ago, was arrested from his residence Wednesday. A rape case has been registered against him, a police official said.
"The victim is a homeless and often sleeps in temples or gurdwaras. Around 11 p.m. Tuesday, when the victim was sitting at the station the accused approached her sexually harassed her," said a police officer.
The victim approached police Wednesday morning. After the medical examination, a case of rape was registered against the constable.
"Initially, she was unable to give the exact sketch of the RPF personnel but later he was identified using CCTV footage," added the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday