Railways running on temporary basis after my departure: Lalu
Arwal (Bihar): Patting his own back, former railway minister Lalu Prasad on Monday claimed that since his departure, the ministry has been running on a temporary basis and asserted he would complete the unfinished projects of his time if he became minister again.
"Since the day I left Railway ministry it is running on temporary basis," Prasad told a RJD rally here.
Prasad alleged that work of the railway stations, halts and other projects of which he had laid the foundation as the Railway minister had come to nought.
"You voted RJD out of power by ensuring victory of only four MPs. By doing so you brought the wheel of development in the Railways in particular to a halt," he said.
Prasad claimed that due to his commendable work in the Railways he attracted praise not only from within the country, but also from abroad.
He referred to a MQM senator in Pakistan recently pointing to the poor condition of railways in his country and suggesting that Prasad be invited to improve it.
Prasad, who used to claim himself as the `Prime Minister of Railways` during his tenure in UPA I, spoke about the projects he took up during his tenure in the railway ministry and underlined that he did not allow passenger fares to be increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list