Railways running on temporary basis after my departure: Lalu
Arwal (Bihar): Patting his own back, former railway minister Lalu Prasad on Monday claimed that since his departure, the ministry has been running on a temporary basis and asserted he would complete the unfinished projects of his time if he became minister again.
"Since the day I left Railway ministry it is running on temporary basis," Prasad told a RJD rally here.
Prasad alleged that work of the railway stations, halts and other projects of which he had laid the foundation as the Railway minister had come to nought.
"You voted RJD out of power by ensuring victory of only four MPs. By doing so you brought the wheel of development in the Railways in particular to a halt," he said.
Prasad claimed that due to his commendable work in the Railways he attracted praise not only from within the country, but also from abroad.
He referred to a MQM senator in Pakistan recently pointing to the poor condition of railways in his country and suggesting that Prasad be invited to improve it.
Prasad, who used to claim himself as the `Prime Minister of Railways` during his tenure in UPA I, spoke about the projects he took up during his tenure in the railway ministry and underlined that he did not allow passenger fares to be increased.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day