Railways switch over to e-auction mode for scrap disposal
New Delhi: To bring more transparency in the bidding process, railways have switched over completely to e-auction system for disposal of scrap eliminating need for physical bidding by purchasers.
Railways disposes scrap worth Rs 3,500 crore every year.
Till recently, scrap disposal by the national transporter was being carried out through public auctions requiring physical presence of purchasers for bidding.
"The e-auction system has been developed in-house by the Railways where no physical presence of purchaser is required for biding," said a senior Railway Ministry official.
Electronic bidding system has been designed to enable participation in auction through internet using digital certificate (DSC) for security in the e-auction system.
"Any purchaser can participate in e-auction for scrap lots put up for auction on entire railway system by getting themselves one time registered on website www.Ireps.Gov.In," he said.
The e-auction module ensures payment process electronic and smooth for purchasers. No cash handling is required by purchasers and railways cashiers. Bidders participate in the biding process through special arrangement of lien mark instead of any cash transaction.
Bidding process is completely transparent widening the reach of the bidder for participation in various auction of different lots through internet from anywhere thus, curtaining the role of middleman.
There are about 1,200 purchasers who have got themselves registered for participation in e-auction of rail scrap and scrap materials worth more than Rs 1,000 crore have been disposed off by through e-auction till date.
The official claimed e-auction is saving time and effort both for railways and bidders, bringing in complete transparency, cost effectiveness and efficiency in disposal of scrap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt