Rain brings respite to Delhiites
New Delhi: Gusty winds and showers in the capital Monday brought respite to Delhiites reeling under intense heat. Showers are expected Tuesday too.
The capital received 14.6 mm rain between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm.
The maximum temperature was recorded one notch below the season`s average at 38.2 degrees Celsius.
The temperature had crossed the 40-degree mark last week.
The minimum temperature settled at 26 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Several trees were reportedly uprooted in central Delhi because of strong winds.
"The sky will be partly clear tomorrow (Tuesday). Very light rain or thunderstorms could occur in some areas," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray