Rain drenches Delhi
New Delhi: It was a rainy Saturday morning in the capital with the minimum temperature settling five notches above average at 14.9 degrees Celsius. The Met Office has forecast more rain and possibly hailstorm towards the evening.
"The skies will be cloudy and the rain will continue through the day. There is a possibility of thunderstorms in some areas," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 27 degrees Celsius, the official added.
According to IMD, the city received a total of 7.6 mm of rainfall from 8.30 pm on Friday to 8.30 am on Saturday. The humidity recorded at 8.30 am on Saturday was 89 percent.
Friday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 27.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was 13.9 degrees Celsius - three notches above average for this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender