Rain drenches Delhi
New Delhi: It was a rainy Saturday morning in the capital with the minimum temperature settling five notches above average at 14.9 degrees Celsius. The Met Office has forecast more rain and possibly hailstorm towards the evening.
"The skies will be cloudy and the rain will continue through the day. There is a possibility of thunderstorms in some areas," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 27 degrees Celsius, the official added.
According to IMD, the city received a total of 7.6 mm of rainfall from 8.30 pm on Friday to 8.30 am on Saturday. The humidity recorded at 8.30 am on Saturday was 89 percent.
Friday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 27.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was 13.9 degrees Celsius - three notches above average for this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'