Rain drenches Delhi
New Delhi: It was a rainy Saturday morning in the capital with the minimum temperature settling five notches above average at 14.9 degrees Celsius. The Met Office has forecast more rain and possibly hailstorm towards the evening.
"The skies will be cloudy and the rain will continue through the day. There is a possibility of thunderstorms in some areas," an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 27 degrees Celsius, the official added.
According to IMD, the city received a total of 7.6 mm of rainfall from 8.30 pm on Friday to 8.30 am on Saturday. The humidity recorded at 8.30 am on Saturday was 89 percent.
Friday`s maximum temperature settled two notches above average at 27.1 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was 13.9 degrees Celsius - three notches above average for this time of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Chaitanya Padukone pens book on 'Pancham Da'
- Japanese girl hit by train while using smartphone
- Trupti Desai seeks God's blessing ahead of Bombay HC verdict on women's entry in Haji Ali Dargah case
- I feel proud of Priyanka, Deepika: Anushka Sharma
- Euro 2016: Spain set for duel against Italy; England eye quarters vs Iceland