Rain, hailstorm lash Delhi; mercury to fall on Saturday
New Delhi: A hailstorm and heavy rains lashed the capital on Friday, bringing the chill back. The Met department has forecast a cold Saturday.
The maximum temperature plummeted four notches below average to 16.4 degrees Celsius.
Commuters had a tough time with long traffic snarls on Delhi`s arterial roads.
The rain had started in the national capital on Thursday night, followed by a hailstorm.
A total of 12.5 mm of rain was recorded in the day.
While the minimum temperature was 11.3 degrees Celsius, four notches above average, the Met department has forecast Saturday`s minimum temperature to be around 7 degrees.
"There will be fog on Saturday morning but the sky will be clear in the day," said an official.
Earlier on Friday, several key roads - including the arterial ones connecting Delhi to satellite towns of Gurgaon and Noida, the peripheral Ring Road - and several others were choked with long lines of vehicles as traffic moved at a snail`s pace.
There was no fog and visibility was a good 2,600 meters at 8.30 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported