Rain, hailstorm lash Delhi; mercury to fall on Saturday
New Delhi: A hailstorm and heavy rains lashed the capital on Friday, bringing the chill back. The Met department has forecast a cold Saturday.
The maximum temperature plummeted four notches below average to 16.4 degrees Celsius.
Commuters had a tough time with long traffic snarls on Delhi`s arterial roads.
The rain had started in the national capital on Thursday night, followed by a hailstorm.
A total of 12.5 mm of rain was recorded in the day.
While the minimum temperature was 11.3 degrees Celsius, four notches above average, the Met department has forecast Saturday`s minimum temperature to be around 7 degrees.
"There will be fog on Saturday morning but the sky will be clear in the day," said an official.
Earlier on Friday, several key roads - including the arterial ones connecting Delhi to satellite towns of Gurgaon and Noida, the peripheral Ring Road - and several others were choked with long lines of vehicles as traffic moved at a snail`s pace.
There was no fog and visibility was a good 2,600 meters at 8.30 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video