Rain, hailstorm lash Delhi; mercury to fall on Saturday
New Delhi: A hailstorm and heavy rains lashed the capital on Friday, bringing the chill back. The Met department has forecast a cold Saturday.
The maximum temperature plummeted four notches below average to 16.4 degrees Celsius.
Commuters had a tough time with long traffic snarls on Delhi`s arterial roads.
The rain had started in the national capital on Thursday night, followed by a hailstorm.
A total of 12.5 mm of rain was recorded in the day.
While the minimum temperature was 11.3 degrees Celsius, four notches above average, the Met department has forecast Saturday`s minimum temperature to be around 7 degrees.
"There will be fog on Saturday morning but the sky will be clear in the day," said an official.
Earlier on Friday, several key roads - including the arterial ones connecting Delhi to satellite towns of Gurgaon and Noida, the peripheral Ring Road - and several others were choked with long lines of vehicles as traffic moved at a snail`s pace.
There was no fog and visibility was a good 2,600 meters at 8.30 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?