Rain in Delhi, Thursday to be cloudy
New Delhi: After a warm and sunny day, the national capital experienced a brief spell of rain Wednesday evening. The Met office has forecast a cloudy Thursday.
The unexpected rain lasted for a few hours.
Wednesday`s maximum temperature was recorded at 26.2 degrees Celsius, one notch above the season`s average.
According to the India Meteorological Department, Thursday will start with shallow fog and the sky will remain cloudy throughout the day.
Some parts of the city may experience light rain and thundershowers.
According to the Northern Railway, 10 trains ran late Wednesday due to fog in several parts of northern India.
However, flights operated without any delays, said a spokesperson for Delhi`s Indira Gandhi International airport.
The minimum temperature settled at 12.5 degrees Celsius, one notch above the season`s average.
Tuesday too was warm and sunny as the maximum temperature settled at 25.2 degrees Celsius - average for the season, while the minimum was recorded two notches below average at 10.3 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead