Rains bring down mercury in capital
New Delhi: In a pleasant break from a
warm and dry spell, rains today lashed several parts of the
city, brining a chill in the air and pulling the mercury
The rain gauges measured 2.8 mm rainfall from 8:30 pm
last evening to 5:30 pm today.
Most areas experienced the rainfall in the afternoon
while some parts of the city received light showers last night
as well as this morning.
The rains also created problems for commuters as
vehicular traffic was affected in many parts of the city.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 22.6 degree
Celsius, one degree above normal, while the maximum was
recorded at 36.4 degree Celsius which is normal for this time
of the year.
Yesterday, the maximum was recorded at 36.4 degree
Celsius while minimum was recorded at 21.4 degrees.
According to the Weatherman, similar weather
conditions are likely to continue in the city tomorrow with a
partly cloudy sky with possibility of rain and thundershowers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena