Rains bring down mercury in capital
New Delhi: In a pleasant break from a
warm and dry spell, rains today lashed several parts of the
city, brining a chill in the air and pulling the mercury
The rain gauges measured 2.8 mm rainfall from 8:30 pm
last evening to 5:30 pm today.
Most areas experienced the rainfall in the afternoon
while some parts of the city received light showers last night
as well as this morning.
The rains also created problems for commuters as
vehicular traffic was affected in many parts of the city.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 22.6 degree
Celsius, one degree above normal, while the maximum was
recorded at 36.4 degree Celsius which is normal for this time
of the year.
Yesterday, the maximum was recorded at 36.4 degree
Celsius while minimum was recorded at 21.4 degrees.
According to the Weatherman, similar weather
conditions are likely to continue in the city tomorrow with a
partly cloudy sky with possibility of rain and thundershowers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi