Rains bring down temperature in Delhi
New Delhi: A spell of rain brought much needed respite from hot and sultry weather for Delhiites this Thursday.
According to MeT department, the national capital received 5.2 mm of rains between 5:30 to 8:30 pm.
The showers also pulled down mercury significantly.
Temperature was recorded at 33.6 degree Celsius at 5:30 PM which dropped to 27.2 degree Celsius by 8:30 pm.
Earlier in the day, the maximum temperature settled one notch higher than normal at 34.4 degrees Celsius and the humidity level hovered between 72 and 94 per cent, Met Department said.
Minimum temperature was recorded at 26.7 deg C, which was normal for this time of the year. But it was high humidity level which made the Delhiites sweat it out.
Weatherman has predicted a generally cloudy sky with possibility of light rains or thundershowers in some areas tomorrow. The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to remain around 35 and 27 deg C respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city