Rains bring pleasant weather for Delhiites
New Delhi: It was a pleasant day for
Delhiites on Wednesday with rains lashing parts of the capital for
the second consecutive day even as the maximum temperature
settled at below normal levels.
Several parts of the capital experienced rains this
morning leading to traffic snarls and waterlogging in the
areas. The MeT Department predicted more showers over the next
Rain gauges measured 5.6 mm of showers for the past 24
hours ending at 8:30 AM today. 0.3 mm of rainfall was recorded
from 8.30 AM to 5.30 PM.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 30.3 degrees
Celsius, five notches below normal for this time of the
season. The minimum was recorded at 21.1 deg C.
The MeT Office predicted partly cloudy sky with
possibility of rain and thunderstorms in the next 48 hours.
The maximum and minimum temperatures would settle around 33
and 21 degrees.
Rains accompanied by thunderstorm and squall lashed the
city last afternoon which led to traffic snarls in various
areas due to water-logging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it