Rains bring pleasant weather for Delhiites
New Delhi: It was a pleasant day for
Delhiites on Wednesday with rains lashing parts of the capital for
the second consecutive day even as the maximum temperature
settled at below normal levels.
Several parts of the capital experienced rains this
morning leading to traffic snarls and waterlogging in the
areas. The MeT Department predicted more showers over the next
Rain gauges measured 5.6 mm of showers for the past 24
hours ending at 8:30 AM today. 0.3 mm of rainfall was recorded
from 8.30 AM to 5.30 PM.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 30.3 degrees
Celsius, five notches below normal for this time of the
season. The minimum was recorded at 21.1 deg C.
The MeT Office predicted partly cloudy sky with
possibility of rain and thunderstorms in the next 48 hours.
The maximum and minimum temperatures would settle around 33
and 21 degrees.
Rains accompanied by thunderstorm and squall lashed the
city last afternoon which led to traffic snarls in various
areas due to water-logging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III