Rains bring pleasant weather for Delhiites
New Delhi: It was a pleasant day for
Delhiites on Wednesday with rains lashing parts of the capital for
the second consecutive day even as the maximum temperature
settled at below normal levels.
Several parts of the capital experienced rains this
morning leading to traffic snarls and waterlogging in the
areas. The MeT Department predicted more showers over the next
Rain gauges measured 5.6 mm of showers for the past 24
hours ending at 8:30 AM today. 0.3 mm of rainfall was recorded
from 8.30 AM to 5.30 PM.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 30.3 degrees
Celsius, five notches below normal for this time of the
season. The minimum was recorded at 21.1 deg C.
The MeT Office predicted partly cloudy sky with
possibility of rain and thunderstorms in the next 48 hours.
The maximum and minimum temperatures would settle around 33
and 21 degrees.
Rains accompanied by thunderstorm and squall lashed the
city last afternoon which led to traffic snarls in various
areas due to water-logging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery