Rains bring relief from humidity, but traffic jams too
New Delhi: Several parts of the capital
today received rains, which brought relief to citizens
battling high humidity but caused problems like waterlogging
and traffic snarls.
The rain gauges in the city measured 21.6 mm of showers
during the day, the MeT Department said. The city received a
total of 341.6 mm of rains since July five when the south-west
monsoon hit the capital.
The showers brought with it the usual problems of
waterlogging and traffic snarls.
Vehicular movement were affected in several places
including South Extension, Ber Sarai, Adchini, IIT, Ashram,
Moolchand and Lajpat Nagar due to waterlogging.
Complaints of tree-felling were reported from Greater
Kailash-I and Karol Bagh which also affected traffic in the
The day began with humidity on a higher note, resulting
in inconvenience to the citizens. The humidity oscillated
between 54 and 93 per cent.
"The rains were a welcome relief. Humidity was so high,"
said Abhishek Sawant, an advertisement professional.
The temperature touched a high of 36.6 degree Celsius and
a minimum of 29.2 degrees, both three degrees above normal.
Yesterday, the maximum was recorded at 37.6 degree Celsius and
minimum was 28.4 degrees.
The weatherman has predicted possibility of rains or
thundershowers tomorrow. The temperature may remain between 28
and 36 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city