Rains bring relief to Delhi after scorcher spell
New Delhi: Rain and strong winds lashed the capital on Thursday evening, bringing much needed relief to Delhiites who have been braving a harsh summer sun.
The maximum temperature during the day stood 43.6 deg C, three notches above from normal and the minimum temperature was recorded two degree above normal at 30.3 deg C against yesterday`s 30.5 deg C.
The sky became overcast in the evening and strong winds prececed rains in many parts of the parched capital.
The unexpected rains caught those headed home from office unawares and slowed down traffic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'