Rains force Arvind Kejriwal to take shelter in car
New Delhi: Agitating under the open sky, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal along with his ministerial colleague Manish Sisodia was forced to take refuge in his small blue car as the skies opened up Tuesday morning.
As Kejriwal decided to sit in the four wheeler to escape the rain, his personal staff from the Delhi government said that he was unwell.
"Sahab (Kejriwal) has cold and slight fever. He is resting inside the car. Sisodia sahab and madam (Kejriwal`s wife) are also there with him," said one of his staff members.
Last night, Kejriwal slept on the road under the open sky while some of his supporters spent the night singing and raising slogans around a bonfire.
Some Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) workers were seen covering themselves with huge vinyl party posters to protect themselves from the rain.
The Rajpath and its adjoining areas offered an interesting spectacle with Republic Day preparations in full swing in one corner while the other corner was brimming with supporters of AAP who were sitting on a dharna outside Rail Bhavan.
Though there was a small crowd in the morning as compared to what it was last evening, AAP supporters started thronging the venue gradually and raised slogans against Delhi Police and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
Kejriwal along with his ministers, party MLAs and supporters is sitting on a dharna since yesterday demanding action against policemen who refused to carry out a raid on an alleged drug and prostitution racket in South Delhi.
The Chief Minister had yesterday threatened to continue the stir for 10 more days if his demands were not met.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM