Rains lash Delhi for second day
New Delhi: A day after taking Delhiites by surprise, rains lashed the capital for the second day on Friday.
On Friday morning, the minimum temperature settled a notch below average at 17.5 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office had predicted rain in the city later in the day.
The maximum temperature on Friday is expected to hover around 30 degrees Celsius, an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The city recorded a total 4.3 mm rainfall on Thursday. A few areas in east Delhi also witnessed hail.
The maximum temperature on Thursday was two notches above average at 33.7 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was two notches below the season`s average at 16 degrees Celsius.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing