Rains lash Delhi for second day
New Delhi: A day after taking Delhiites by surprise, rains lashed the capital for the second day on Friday.
On Friday morning, the minimum temperature settled a notch below average at 17.5 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office had predicted rain in the city later in the day.
The maximum temperature on Friday is expected to hover around 30 degrees Celsius, an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The city recorded a total 4.3 mm rainfall on Thursday. A few areas in east Delhi also witnessed hail.
The maximum temperature on Thursday was two notches above average at 33.7 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was two notches below the season`s average at 16 degrees Celsius.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra