Rains lash Delhi for second day
New Delhi: A day after taking Delhiites by surprise, rains lashed the capital for the second day on Friday.
On Friday morning, the minimum temperature settled a notch below average at 17.5 degrees Celsius.
The Met Office had predicted rain in the city later in the day.
The maximum temperature on Friday is expected to hover around 30 degrees Celsius, an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The city recorded a total 4.3 mm rainfall on Thursday. A few areas in east Delhi also witnessed hail.
The maximum temperature on Thursday was two notches above average at 33.7 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was two notches below the season`s average at 16 degrees Celsius.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'