Rains return to Delhi
New Delhi: After a week`s hiatus, rains returned to the capital on Tuesday evening after the revival of south-west monsoon bringing relief to citizens reeling under high
humidity and hot conditions.
The showers started around one pm bringing down the mercury, the MeT office said.
The minimum had gone up to 30.3 degree Celsius, three degrees above normal, in the morning but came down after the showers.
On Monday, the minimum temperature had gone upto 28 degree Celsius, one degree above normal, while the maximum was at 37.7 degrees, two degrees above normal.
According to a MeT official, the weather conditions indicated that the western end of the seasonal trough was shifting southward leading to the revival of monsoon.
The official also said isolated to heavy rainfall would occur over Orissa, West Bengal and Sikkim and coastal Karnataka in the next 48 hours.
Isolated heavy rainfall would occur over southern Konkan and Goa, Chhattisgarh, east Madhya Pradesh and Vidharbha, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and northeastern states in the next couple of days, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says