Rainy Monday in Delhi, light showers expected Tuesday
New Delhi: The national capital saw sporadic showers Monday taking the maximum temperature five notches below the season`s average at 23.2 degrees Celsius. Light rain is again expected in the city Tuesday, the Met office said.
"The sky will remain cloudy tomorrow (Tuesday) and few spells of rain are expected in some parts of the city," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 22 and 16 degrees Celsius respectively.
Delhi was lashed by thundershowers late Sunday night as well as Monday morning. The city recorded a total of 2.2 mm of rainfall between 9.30 am and 5.30 pm.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 15.6 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season`s average.
Sunday was warm and sunny in the national capital, with the maximum temperature recorded at 29 degrees Celsius, one notch above the season`s average. The minimum temperature Sunday was recorded at 14 degrees Celsius, average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional