Rainy Monday in Delhi, light showers expected Tuesday
New Delhi: The national capital saw sporadic showers Monday taking the maximum temperature five notches below the season`s average at 23.2 degrees Celsius. Light rain is again expected in the city Tuesday, the Met office said.
"The sky will remain cloudy tomorrow (Tuesday) and few spells of rain are expected in some parts of the city," said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 22 and 16 degrees Celsius respectively.
Delhi was lashed by thundershowers late Sunday night as well as Monday morning. The city recorded a total of 2.2 mm of rainfall between 9.30 am and 5.30 pm.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 15.6 degrees Celsius, two notches above the season`s average.
Sunday was warm and sunny in the national capital, with the maximum temperature recorded at 29 degrees Celsius, one notch above the season`s average. The minimum temperature Sunday was recorded at 14 degrees Celsius, average for the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city