Raj Babbar rebuffed
Ghaziabad: Congress candidate Raj Babbar was rebuffed on Saturday by an official here when he tried to bypass a queue to submit his nomination papers.
Ghaziabad Assistant Returning Officer Keshav Kumar turned down the film star-turn-politician`s request to take up his papers before other applicants.
Kumar said that he would first take up the forms of the candidates who had come before him.
Raj Babbar wanted his nomination paper be filed before 1.20 pm, a time suggested by a priest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test