Raj Babbar rebuffed
Ghaziabad: Congress candidate Raj Babbar was rebuffed on Saturday by an official here when he tried to bypass a queue to submit his nomination papers.
Ghaziabad Assistant Returning Officer Keshav Kumar turned down the film star-turn-politician`s request to take up his papers before other applicants.
Kumar said that he would first take up the forms of the candidates who had come before him.
Raj Babbar wanted his nomination paper be filed before 1.20 pm, a time suggested by a priest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak