Rajnath rubbishes AAP charge on horse-trading
New Delhi: Rubbishing AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal`s allegation against BJP of indulging in horse-trading for government formation in Delhi, former BJP chief and Home Minister Rajnath Singh today said his party doesn`t indulge in such practices.
"BJP has never indulged in horse-trading. I can confidently say that BJP doesn`t indulge in horse-trading," he told reporters here.
On Kejriwal`s charge, Singh said that his party will never indulge in such a practice.
Asked if some Congress MLAs were supporting BJP to form government in Delhi, he said that he does not have any knowledge about it.
Kejriwal had yesterday charged BJP with trying to buy Congress MLAs after failing to lure AAP legislators.
"After failing to buy any AAP MLA, BJP is now trying to buy 6 Cong MLAs. Price - Rs 20 crore each, 2 ministers and 4 chairmen (sic)," the AAP convener had said in a tweet.
BJP had emerged the single largest party after last year`s Assembly polls with 32 seats, including one of Akali Dal, in the 70-member Assembly.
Currently BJP, along with ally Akali Dal`s lone MLA, has 29 legislators and will require the support of five more MLAs to prove majority in the Assembly. Three of its MLAs had been elected to the Lok Sabha.
The party fell short of four seats to bag a simple majority and had refused to form government in December, saying it did not have the numbers and will not resort to any "unfair means" to take the reins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat