Rakhi Birla`s car attacked or hit by ball? blame game continues
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: A day after Delhi Minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Rakhi Birla`s car was reportedly attacked, Delhi Chief Minister Avind Kejriwal on Monday suspected BJP and Congress` hand in the incident.
Talking o reporters, Delhi Chief Minister said, “I suspect BJP and Congress` hand behind the incident. The two can do anything.”
However, adding a fresh twist to the incident, a family today claimed that Rakhi Birla`s car was not attacked but it was hit by a ball. Talking to Zee Media, a youngster from the family said that he was playing cricket with his friends in the area when the ball hit the minister`s car.
The father of the boy also reportedly apologised for unintentionally causing inconvenience to the minister.
However, the minister flatly denied that the family had apologised for the incident.
A case in this regard has been lodged with the Mangolpuri Police Station and investigation has begun.
Reports yesterday said that Birla`s car was attacked by some unknown people in Mangolpuri area, which is surprisingly her own constituency.
"Rakhi Birla`s car was surrounded by a crowd that smashed the windscreen of her car. No injuries have been reported till now," police initially said.
Immediately after the incident, when asked by reporters whether she will take security, Birla said she will not seek any police protection.
Notably, the 26-year-old Rakhi is the only female face in the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s Cabinet. Rakhi holds Delhi`s Women and Child Social Welfare Department.
According to the police, Rakhi was returning after attending a function in R block of Mangolpuri area when her car was attacked.
Three other party workers were accompanying Birla in the car when the incident took place. After the incident Birla had visited Mangolpuri police station and filed a complaint.
She had defeated Congress` heavy weight Raj Kumar Chauhan to win the Mangolpuri seat in the recent Delhi Assembly polls.
28-year-old AAP leader Santosh Koli, who was to contest the assembly polls, had died in August last year at a Gurgaon hospital after she was injured in a road accident.
The fatal accident took place on June 30 last year when Santosh was riding to the party office with a fellow party member and a car rammed the two-wheeler from the back near Pacific Mall in Kaushambi in Ghaziabad and sped away. She had sustained severe brain injuries in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says