Ramdev announces entry into mkt with swadeshi products
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev, who hogged the limelight of late for his anti-black money campaign, on Thursday, announced his entry into the fast moving consumer goods and herbal retail markets with his `swadeshi` line of products.
Flanked by close aide Balkrishna, the yoga guru disclosed his plans to sell his brand Patanjali`s products in the open market from over one lakh `swadeshi kendras` which he planned to set up across the country by April this year.
"In our country swadeshi is limited to khadi only but we will take it further," Ramdev told reporters here. "There are people who will see only business in this venture, but I consider this my rashtra dharm (national duty)," he added.
The yoga guru said his products would be cheaper by 30 per cent compared to products being sold by MNCs like Hindustan Lever and P and G. Ramdev said his business model would boost the lives and economy of people in rural India.
"Yoga, Ayurveda and swadeshi are not a profession but a mission for us," Ramdev said. "Approximately half the economy of the country is in the clutches of corrupt people and foreign companies. Our mission is to strengthen swadeshi," he said.
In response to a question that Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh had called him a `maha thug` (super cheat), Ramdev said he was someone who could set cheats right.
Ramdev said there were people who could say all kinds of things even against great men like Mahatma Gandhi, Bal Gangadhar Tilak and others whom he considered his ideals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees