Ramesh discusses use of UID to get NREGA jobs
New Delhi: Rural Development Minister Jairam
Ramesh on Thursday discussed with Unique Identification Authority
Chairman Nandan Nilekani as to how a person can use UID card
for seeking jobs under NREGA or any other welfare scheme of
After the meeting, Ramesh said they discussed how UID and
Rural Development Ministry can "collaborate more closely" and
how UID card can be used "more effectively" to make rural
development programmes reach their "intended beneficiaries."
According to officials present in the meet, Nilekani said
UID can be used for applying for a NREGA job.
A person, who gets a NREGA job card connected to his UID,
can mark his attendance when he goes for a work and the money
which he earns can be directly deposited to the bank account,
which is also linked with the UID or Aadhar number, they said.
The system will ensure more transparency and abolish the
alleged siphoning of poor people`s money by the middle men,
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner
- SHOCKING! 10 year-old-boy beaten up for tearing Trinamool Congress posters
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England