Ramesh discusses use of UID to get NREGA jobs
New Delhi: Rural Development Minister Jairam
Ramesh on Thursday discussed with Unique Identification Authority
Chairman Nandan Nilekani as to how a person can use UID card
for seeking jobs under NREGA or any other welfare scheme of
After the meeting, Ramesh said they discussed how UID and
Rural Development Ministry can "collaborate more closely" and
how UID card can be used "more effectively" to make rural
development programmes reach their "intended beneficiaries."
According to officials present in the meet, Nilekani said
UID can be used for applying for a NREGA job.
A person, who gets a NREGA job card connected to his UID,
can mark his attendance when he goes for a work and the money
which he earns can be directly deposited to the bank account,
which is also linked with the UID or Aadhar number, they said.
The system will ensure more transparency and abolish the
alleged siphoning of poor people`s money by the middle men,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her