Ramesh discusses use of UID to get NREGA jobs
New Delhi: Rural Development Minister Jairam
Ramesh on Thursday discussed with Unique Identification Authority
Chairman Nandan Nilekani as to how a person can use UID card
for seeking jobs under NREGA or any other welfare scheme of
After the meeting, Ramesh said they discussed how UID and
Rural Development Ministry can "collaborate more closely" and
how UID card can be used "more effectively" to make rural
development programmes reach their "intended beneficiaries."
According to officials present in the meet, Nilekani said
UID can be used for applying for a NREGA job.
A person, who gets a NREGA job card connected to his UID,
can mark his attendance when he goes for a work and the money
which he earns can be directly deposited to the bank account,
which is also linked with the UID or Aadhar number, they said.
The system will ensure more transparency and abolish the
alleged siphoning of poor people`s money by the middle men,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'